Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMvy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMvy
"Electrically spooled turbochargers"

^ This is the electric nonsense I've been hoping for. Sure the lack of parasitic power loss is very negligible, but it should give M the ability to spool the snails extremely quickly, control the boost better and most importantly design the headers for a lovely exhaust note this time around, instead of the headers design catering to the turbos which I believe is one of the principal reasons for it not being that flattering of an exhaust note compared to other boosted inline 6's.

Feedback welcome. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
Parastatic loss for not occurred on turbos which is why they are so popular. They are using exhaust gas which does not put a load on the engine to work. Parastatals drag occurs when the item used horsepower from a car to operate. So a 100HP blower may actually be making 135hp but it robs 35 HP just to work.
Right, I agree and I probably used the wrong technical term when I said parasitic loss. I was referring to whatever exhaust back pressure that may exist giving it's not as free flowing because of the turbos. It may simply not matter like it can with a NA motor. I don't have enough technical knowledge to speak to this with any certainty. Not sure how exhaust scavenging and velocity impacts an I6 turbo engine. Anyone with experience on this would be great to hear from.
You're almost there bro.... the best benefit to electrically spooled turbos is an improved sounding exhaust note! No turbo turbine to muffle the sound. Bring back the s85 v10 sound!
Appreciate 1
eMvy131.00