Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrix1st View Post
Drift? No. It's the fastest formula for front engine, rear wheel driven cars. Add AWD and you are looking at 10km/h+ less average velocity from 100kg weight penalty. Remember why race cars are made of magnesium&carbon fiber parts.

And with AWD you will never get the surreal sensation of walking on a thread between grip and slip. Turn-in is always relatively shit on every AWD configurations of RWD cars because of weight.
Your point may apply if you're buying the car only for racing in which case there are better, lighter, cars available for that. But if you're in the snow belt and you daily drive your car more times than race it, then your points fall flat.

Also, it's ironic you're raising the weight issue and then your video example is that of an E92 M3 which is a 3700 lb porker. The AWD G8x is going to be 200 lbs lighter than the E92 and (like the current M5) you can switch to 100% RWD with the push of a button. I just don't see the issue here. Flasch is reporting both a pure RWD model and an AWD model that you can toggle to 100% RWD.
The M3 *chassis* is 200 lbs lighter by the time you add in standard equipment though it's about 150 lbs heavier. I expect the M3 base model to weigh in at 3850 or so. Pathetic when you realize the 5 series is only 200 lbs away
Appreciate 0