01-17-2022, 02:33 PM   #25
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlomia123 View Post
Hey I have the g80
I’m curious your opinion on the r8 as I was thinking of trading my car in for it
2 different cars entirely---

The R8 is a V10 600 hp n/a car with no back seat and less than forward tech in the cockpit. It serves what it intends to be, a high rpm, good handling sport car with an amazing exhaust note. It can be daily driven but I would not do so personally. Its a great car on the eyes but not so "look at me" like a Macca or a Lambo would be. Its not entirely pragmatic but I have now had 4 of them they are really great usable daily super cars that are enjoyable to grip and rip.

If all you do is drive in traffic; this is not the car for you. But it sure is a good looking car IMHO. The Haldex AWD setup creates a rear bias like my X drive and the chassis/steering is not prone to that notorious understeer and tq pull that other Quattro cars deliver. The R8 should be a better track car but I dont use it for that and its every bit of an amazing car for the street.

The G80 is as good a car IMHO for what I need and want in a driving experience on the street with better tech and creature comforts. With a proper tune you can beat an R8 on the street but it will never sound or look like one.

If I could only have 1 car, then the G80 X is my car (vs the R8) but if I have more than one car and have a practical driver, the R8 is a great 2nd or 3rd car option.

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 2
V-Eight791.50
BardG212.50