View Single Post
      09-25-2020, 03:26 AM   #51
jkap27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosef81 View Post
Also this whole business of "extra 20k" is a bit of nonsense. My advice is go on the porsche configurator and pick the things you really need rather than "more money than sense" options like "leather steering wheel column" or "leather seat belt covers" or "enamelled porsche crest on wheel caps". You might be surprised.

The problem with the g80 is that pricey, non performance options like the carbon pack, or functionally unnecessary options like laser lights, become necessary to make the car appear palatable. Thus you might find, like I did, the price delta between m4 and base 992 is not as much as presumed (around 4k in my desired spec 992).

Now discounts on bmw's are far more likely to be offered, but not to the degree, nor as often as bragged about on forums, to make up the difference in resale.
Thats impressive restraint I've spent more time than most configuring a 718 cayman s and im always well into the 80k range when trying to match what other manufacturers offer as standard lol base price for a 992 is about 30k higher than a g80 right?
Appreciate 0