Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3let0nz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockM4 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone got an estimate on when ecu might get unlocked..? Debating to just send out my ecu to FEMTO. Or waiting it out n doing jb4 in the meantime.
Those of you that have sent out ecu for unlocking hows the process? N overall cost?
I too questioned the same, but grew impatient and decided to send my ECU out to Femto. I did it with Visconti tuning, very quick, sent it out 23rd of May and got it back on the 31st. Total cost was about $1895, but I chose to pay that rather than dealing with any issues.
Total cost including bm3 license and custom tune afterwards..?
I paid $1,295 for BM3 + JordanTuned custom E85 map, then the $1,895 to get my ECU unlocked. Total - $3,190
Were you offered to get a separate ECU for cloning and/or know how much extra would the additional ECU cost?
You can get a separate cloned ECU, I think that was $4k, but for cloned ECU you have to get an ecutek license for $950 and tuning by Visconti, which is another cost.

I chose to just do the ECU unlock service, but you can choose whichever service you want to do.
So $4K for the ECU and unlock service?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BMW Junkie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BMW Junkie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone got an estimate on when ecu might get unlocked..? Debating to just send out my ecu to FEMTO. Or waiting it out n doing jb4 in the meantime.
Those of you that have sent out ecu for unlocking hows the process? N overall cost?
I too questioned the same, but grew impatient and decided to send my ECU out to Femto. I did it with Visconti tuning, very quick, sent it out 23rd of May and got it back on the 31st. Total cost was about $1895, but I chose to pay that rather than dealing with any issues.
Total cost including bm3 license and custom tune afterwards..?
I paid $1,295 for BM3 + JordanTuned custom E85 map, then the $1,895 to get my ECU unlocked. Total - $3,190
Were you offered to get a separate ECU for cloning and/or know how much extra would the additional ECU cost?
You can get a separate cloned ECU, I think that was $4k, but for cloned ECU you have to get an ecutek license for $950 and tuning by Visconti, which is another cost.

I chose to just do the ECU unlock service, but you can choose whichever service you want to do.
So $4K for the ECU and unlock service?
Yeah but then you HAVE to get the ecutek license and tuning by Visconti, so total ends up around $6k for that route because they have limited cloned ECUs
Why would you need to go only with ECUtek? Isn't it just a spare ecu that is unlocked?