View Single Post
      12-31-2021, 08:01 AM   #53
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Eric - I think it's a question of degree (of grip). The F8x's that I've driven, including my years in my M2C, certainly never made me think they were entirely lacking in grip...at least not at the level of the old Mustangs before they got real rear suspension or anything like that.

I do think there was a slight issue with the Michelin MPSS being at the end of their day during most of the F8x run. The PS4S's were more correct for the cars once they were available. I also think that a LOT of folk who have real issues with F8x traction really just needed to calm down and learn the car rather than try to take off at full throttle with TC off on damp roads. I'd also add that some folks' issues with them may have been ill-advised modifications for aesthetic purposes that compromised the cars a bit (a friend of mine essentially ruined his with less than optimal suspension alterations and the wrong wheel choice).

It was some of the people who drove them more than the car. It was the MPSS not quite being able to match the available power. And sometimes it was folk putting Cup and Cup 2's on them without understanding what it means that the tires needed sufficient heat in them. There were some setups and circumstances that left the F8x's slightly on the wrong side of the "balance" line, but they are and were brilliant cars.

The G8x does have more mechanical grip, and it is a more balanced car overall. You'll probably really enjoy getting to know what it can do since it sounds like you were more able to get in tune with the F8x platform than a lot of folk.
Appreciate 1