View Single Post
      12-30-2021, 10:35 PM   #52
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Reviving an older thread….. considering a G80 manual or going back to an F80ZCP manual (same spec I previously owned and was absolutely smitten over - and im not some noob…. 36s, 46s, 90s and 80s….all M3s… over 20 years…. F80z was off the hook good… by FAR the best one of the bunch).

All that said, while I haven’t driven the G80 and im sure it’s superior, I simply cannot agree with the traction comments about the F8X comp. I owned two of them and they were GLUED to the ground, both ends. I had to be blatantly stupid to get the rear end to step out….even in the rain I had zero issues unless I provoked it… but never had to even think about it. I took both cars on super aggressive canyon runs… zero traction issues. The only time I would get wheel spin was WOT in first gear but that’s obvious in a car this powerful.

And as noted, front grip was immense…. Almost limitless in the canyons….virtually zero under steer unless under heavy throttle.

So what are I missing here? I get that the newer car is better but to say the F8X comps had traction problems is hugely inaccurate (stock power). Further, I found the part throttle response once at full boost in Spot+ (max anti lag in effect) to be highly precise/resolute all the way to redline, allowing great control over exactly how much thrust was delivered to the ground.

Current - 2022 540XI M Sport, BSM/Black
Sold - many M3s and an M4

Last edited by EricSMG; 12-30-2021 at 11:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
Mavus2032.50