View Single Post
      01-26-2022, 11:01 AM   #1201
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Maybe, just MAYBE, Jerry will realize having total control over a coach won’t win Super Bowls? He and Jimmy clashed and they won together so Jerry might take a few ruffled feathers with Payton and give it a go. Again, anyone wanting him to coach their team starting in 2023 will have to give the Saints compensation.

Also on Rodgers, if he decides to leave he should stay in the NFC because he’ll have to deal with the four headed QB monsters of Mahomes/Burrow/Herbert/Allen. And while we’re on Rodgers, I cannot consider him an immortal here. He’s had not one, not two, but several disappointing playoff defeats, especially at home. He’ll get into Canton easily with his MVP’s but ask any Packers fan, they’ll think he underachieved with only 1 Super Bowl trophy.
I think everyone is assuming that it will be Rodgers' choice whether he leaves GB or not. I know the front office is saying all the right things to keep him happy but there's a reason they drafted Jordan Love. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they trade him whether he wants to go or not. They are $38 mil over the cap and he counts $46 mil against it. They trade him for a journeyman QB and some high draft picks, they could be on the way back up in a short time. Still a fairly talented team without Rodgers. But I don't think ANYONE thinks Love is the answer....very poor draft choice.
No matter what, I don't think the Packers will let him stay in the NFC.
Appreciate 1
tcphoto3537.00