06-11-2021, 01:11 PM   #8
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry0959 View Post
Monday was delivery day for my M3 Comp. Some rain at the PC but fun was had by all. Excellent experience driving their M3 around the track. Really handles the curves and cones well. Took it to Extreme Colors, the local X-pel shop (that does work for the PC- lots of M3 practice already) for full hood fenders mirrors lights & bumper in clear covering. Fantastic job. On to Asheville the next day and back to Va. the day after.

Setting up the M1 button as "wife" yielded a stable yet still fun drive back in mostly comfort mode with sport still for the engine. M2 is configured for me of course. My wife immediately said it was the best looking car I had ever picked out (beating out the Valencia Orange 1M and a Guards Red 944)- she loves the grille- just says its aggressive. Very happy with my choice of Tartufo for the interior. Liked the orange but loved the Tartufo more. Interior carbon is an excellent choice. I didn't catch them well in these pics but the red calipers look great on the green car.

No negatives to report in my first 500 miles. Enjoy!!! The pics don't do her justice- it was a bit cloudy then, but on the way to NC the sun gave us views of the true spectacular color in full light.
Great idea on getting car done before getting on road to VA. Do you mind sharing cost and I am sure you had it scheduled. I live in Virginia and am considering PPF and would like to go back with a protected car.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0