Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingi View Post
I'm not quite sure if I'm correct with what comes standard, it might be only with PDC (and a reversing camera where it is legally necessary), but in the US ordering guide I don't see the Parking Assistant as an option, only the Parking assistant Plus, which lead me to believe the G8X comes standard with the Parking Assistant. At least in Germany it comes only with PDC (not even a reversing camera).
Yeah, these options definitely change from chasis to chasis, especially as more components become standard. The official press release makes it pretty clear, just PDC as standard, with the parking assistance package (which is parking assistance plus, containing the parking assistant, and drive recorder) as an option.

Quote:
Driver Assistance systems

The new M3 and M4 are equipped with extensive and cutting-edge standard driver assistance systems designed to enhance comfort and safety in both day to day driving and during long journeys. Park Distance Control and Automatic High beam assistant are standard as is Active Protection and the Active Driving Assistant.

The optional Driving Assistance Professional Package for the Competition models includes Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Extended Traffic Jam Assistant for limited access highways, Active Lane Keeping Assistant, Active Blind Spot Detection, Evasion Aid and Emergency Stop Assistant.

The latest generation of the optional BMW Head-Up Display system offers a 70 percent larger projection surface on which M-specific displays such as the multi-color tachometer, the Shift Lights and M View are shown.

The optional Parking Assistance package can identify parking spots to the left or right and steer the car into the parking spot. The Surround View with 3D view gives a top down view of the car and its surroundings which can also be accessed remotely by the BMW ConnectedDrive app. The included BMW Drive Recorder uses the front and rear cameras to record video sequences up to 40 seconds in length with a tap of the iDrive controller or automatically in an event of a crash. The video clips can be exported to a storage device using the USB port.
Appreciate 0