04-03-2020, 06:33 AM   #70
pyrat15
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 1er M Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Its functional and it doesnt bother me is more like it, the overall hood design I like
Wow thats the first time I hear this. I do not see the function, sorry, as most BMW's in the past did not have a hoodline, also most newer models to not have them either. So what's the function? Passenger safety? I do not think so, then the whole VAG Group would have to do add this feature as well. It's like having a second door line in the middle of the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I noticed the newest C8 did a neat take on this line by making it teeth like... the hood line became part of the design.. if it was not as poker straight would be interesting if line did not look like a construction seam but part of the design aesthetic
That's the case! There are hoodlines who are actually looking good. Take any recent Lambo or the Giulia qv. There it's part of the hood design. But it isn't in BMW's case as in the past the hood design was the same, just without the hood line.

Take a look at the past M3 generations - hood design was always the same, the outline ending in the middle of the headlights, with some small cuts on the kidney's height (e46 was different though). It would have also been possible with the F generation, but yeah... it does just look soooo much cleaner without! And the fact that the hood goes upwards on the G80/82, it makes things even worse. @SCOTT26 Could you please clarify?
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
Frosty780.00
JustChris17489.00