Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStanman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Likely because they both appeal strongly to the same crowd. It’s a give and take situation in what you are willing to sacrifice for us that do need to sacrifice at one end.
This. I cross-shop these two cars and have owned both. Most peoples car needs are not as rigid as people think. Rear seats usable for adults are a "nice-to-have" for me as we have a 2nd car. I choose between the two based on relative appeal.

A slightly used 911 is comparable in cost-to-own as an M3/4 based on depreciation. In fact, my 991.1 C2S cost me half as much as my F80 including maintenance.

BMW M's move to abandon special components (DCT, bespoke engines) generally makes M cars less appealing to me. However, reviews do seem positive which is great. I'll have to test drive one.
Ehhh I disagree. I think most people's needs are pretty rigid, hence why there aren't that many two-seaters on the road relative to cars that seat 4-5 people. Most who have a two-seater also have a car that can seat a small family. For the self proclaimed "die-hard" enthusiast(s), there's less rigidity. We are the minority.
Appreciate 0