View Single Post
      03-10-2021, 12:47 PM   #49
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335 View Post
Have you considered the Porsche Sport Driving School in Birmingham?
(not to be confused w Porsche Experience, Atlanta..a much more simmered down 'consumer' version).

It's much better than the BMW M school (which i did 2x), and could be a good diversion that helps lead you to the right choice.
https://www.porschedriving.com/track-experience/courses

I've done the Porsche Advanced 2x and Masters once. As an F80 owner and M3 lover in general, its a really great way to gauge of whether or not you need a 911 or P car. You'll get to take a Turbo S on the track, Cayman GTS, 911s, in both manual and PDK, on one of the most beautiful tracks out there.

I found myself loving the Porsche cars... it's a whole new level, but also being 'proud' of my M car knowing that it can fly under the radar and give me somewhat close of an experience driving wise.

The class is not cheap... (5K for 2days) but worth it, if you factor in what you get and if it leads you to the right decision. 10k if you take the wife

I still have my f80 and will be in the same boat you are in shortly when i decide between another M or a 911. Having taken both M school and this, I have more data to make my choice, and will tell you it's still not easy.
That’s a good tip! However the remaining question is not how good the 992 is...it’s all about how good the M4 is. I want it to be good enough to win overall for our specific use but at this stage I just can’t say.

If I go to that Porsche track school, forget about it. It’s over
Appreciate 0