View Single Post
      01-20-2022, 05:26 PM   #20
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Dreaming View Post
As soon as I saw G80 xDrive in the list of best M-series BMWs of all time I knew the list was immediately void. That vehicle is a testament for how far bmw has fallen from striving to produce the best and most driver centric M3. The M3 has always been BMWs flagship sporty coupe, and now it cannot be purchased with two doors. It doesn't compete with the M5. It is everything I hate all in one car. Call me a cranky negative Nancy but ever time I see one I wonder if I will ever again appreciate a modern M3.
Out of interest what car are you driving now and have you driven a G80? Genuine question trying to get a sense of your perspective

I've owned a euro E36 M3, E46 CSL, e39 M5 and now the G80 and I think it's a fantastic car. If you want two doors the M4 is essentially a two door M3 and of an M4 is too heavy and not pure enough for you, you have the M2. Different variants for different needs…

I Have driven the S54 Z3M coupe which was excellent but was I left a little underwhelmed any time I drove an E30 M3 TBH. You really need to drive it hard and carry speed through the corners. It takes some learning

I haven't driven an M2 but get the feeling it'd be an amazing drivers car
Appreciate 3
02M3ForMe4261.50
heavyD^23688.50