Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmr7 View Post
Fair enough but I’m not talking about anecdotal evidence. The fact of the matter is that those of you who are complaining just don’t understand how social media works and the impact it has on the younger generation.
Just because we don't like it doesn't mean we don't understand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmr7 View Post
So what some might not be able to afford a G80 but they may be able to afford an E92 and now a F80. What I’m saying is your thought process is severely limited. Let’s move away from social media for a bit. A lot of complaints also came from the partnership with KITH (again lack of understanding). So because some of you feel BMW isn’t addressing your concerns and your concerns only then marketing is a failure. Your last sentence says it all. It cheapens the experience, but who’s experience? Get over yourselves. Seriously. Those who do social media, and are into high end urban clothing can easily afford this stuff. Case in point I sold 6 pairs of Jordan’s and those 6 pairs of sneakers covered the cost of my CF Seats. Just because you’re not into what BMW is doing doesn’t make it wrong.
I don't think it's "wrong" nor do I think it's "right". It think it placates the perpetual narcissism of social media and piggybacking. KITH aka Ronnie Fieg is a "clothing designer" that takes existing products and changes the color, adds a few cosmetic changes, markets hype, upcharges them, and then sells it at his boutique. That's like if Walmart changed the color of the G80, limited production and called it a WALM edition. Hypothetically, except of adding the KITH logo, what if walmart made the exact same changes that Ronnie Fieg did to the G80? Would it be as highly regarded? Probably not. I actually do like the interior colors, but it's not exactly original, they are simply the same colors used on the ///M logo for decades. I could have done the same thing with a custom order (if BMW would allow). The "value" then for those who see value in the KITH name is simply in the KITH name. By definition, that is superficial. However, if Mercedes released a lightweight C63S Hamilton edition with a tuned engine, chassis, and suspension ALONG WITH some personal design and settings input from Hamilton himself then we would have something of substance instead of what is basically someone adding lipstick and a lens flare to the Mona Lisa.

I can't hide my concept for these modern "designers" who basically take someone else's hard work and changes a few colors and gets fellated on social media by all the others desperate for the same type of "fame".

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82

Last edited by jmg; 01-23-2021 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
DAC17170.50