04-15-2021, 01:55 PM   #71
Gizmo 335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C BSM, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Been there done that and here is my honest opinion. (some / most might disagree)

It all depends where you live and what you want to do with the car.

If there are beautiful open roads, good climate, little or no traffic jams and if you are going to track the car time to time, 911 will win all the time. It is fun, it is fast and its engineered perfectly. And it looks soooo good! (997, 991 & 992 cars that I am referring to)

But I live in Seattle where there are no open roads, to get to open roads, unless you leave at 5am in the morning, you get stuck in traffic, weather sucks most of the time, roads just suck period - in the city and the freeways which makes 911 a horrible experience and I don't track my cars.

When we have sunny days, roads are either jammed or there is some sort of a god awful construction going on. So you sit in traffic with your manual 500HP toy.

I constantly found myself wanting to take out the M340 or the M2C that I have access to vs 911.

I did couple of drives with some of my 911 buddies last year in the middle of the pandemic as all the roads were empty. 911 was a pure joy at a time like that.

I ended up getting rid of my 997TT (with uber low miles) after 3 years of ownership and have no regrets as I actually made $$$. I will most likely get a 991.2 TTS but the expectations for that car will be different.

If you live at a place where you can really enjoy the 911, my vote will be a 992 C2S with manual transmission and I would not throw some of the older 911 out the door either. A 997 GTS, 991.1 C2S & etc. are great cars as well.
This one of the most honest and realistic experiences I've seen on this forum. There is so much 911 worship and slurpage that it gets tiresome. 911s and cayman/boxsters are neither practical nor particularly engaging as daily city drivers. They need open roads and tracks.

Now get off of my lawn!
Appreciate 1
TTG936.00