09-12-2021, 02:07 AM   #5
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW x£

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw noob View Post
Hey all...

Is there anyone in the Miami area that has any car in San Marino Blue, Twilight Purple, or Velvet Blue?

I am really torn between the three, and am very eager to see any of them in person. I have spent hours finding pictures online, but none do such metallic colors justice.

From what I can gather:
Twilight Purple-light violet base, almost pink metallic flake makes appear much lighter and more red than blue, shows some darker blue violet shades when out of direct sun but always red dominant. By far lightest of three. Concerned will be too pinky on person.

Velvet Blue- more "pure purple" than twilight, blue tones in base and metallic mean less dynamic changes than San Marino, dark violet out of sunlight, sort of "pure purple"; concern d about look out of direct sun.

San Marino- super saturated blue with heavy purple undertones, flake makes paint range from almost light blue to dark purple-blue, more purple effect with less light, probably most saturated pigment of all three, and most dynamic range from shadows to direct light highlights.

I had Montego blue on a e92, which I remember as blurple and still miss. I always loved the idea of San Marino being Montego on steroids, but have not seen it in person for many many years.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide regarding where may be able to see these colors live.

I’m looking at these colours too. But unsure of which interior combo to match with them. What interior colour are you thinking for these exteriors?
Appreciate 0