02-23-2024, 05:31 PM   #7
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Not true regarding scheduling of delivery, as this is comming from a customer who has done 12 PCD’s over the past 20 years with a lot of domestic and international travel which limits my availability. PC willl work with the customer within reason, especially now as deliveries have fallen off a cliff (not doing the usual 8 deliveries per day) My most recent PCD was earlier this month (only 2 deliveries), as my X5 M60 was a week 1 build, but was provided early February 2024 dates the middle of December once I was at status 150 due to the individual block for the piano trim. The PC doesn’t like last mintute changes, nor a customer trying to delay a delivery for months— this is not reasonable behavior.
I'm not sure how you got any dates before VPC work order was done but that's not normal procedure. The PC refused to provide anything until the car landed state side and work order was done, and they told us they would not be able to accommodate any changes. They did tell me that they may possibly need to change the date due to unforeseen delays, but that was not a result of anything I could specifically request. This is also consistent with what other people's experience was here throughout the year. I think it's probably changed a bit since COVID with them nixing European Delivery.

Perhaps it's different for people ordering an SUV built in the US, or maybe they've lightened up now but that was not at all my experience in November.
Appreciate 0