View Single Post
      02-07-2022, 08:46 AM   #40
YamaLink
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: rust-free '93 Toyota 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
I previously bought an Acura RDX for DD duties, and an M240i convertible 6-sp for weekends/fun. This arrangement made me appreciate the time in the latter, but eventually I found myself wondering why I should "settle" on my DD rather than enjoy it as much as possible? (The RDX is a comfortable cruiser, no doubt, but it's relatively boring.)

So I'll be ordering the M3 for a DD, although we'll hold onto the RDX for snow, HD runs, teenage driver, etc.

We're not talking about a Ferrari here, it's still a 3-series. Life's too short to drive boring cars.
I came from a 2020 M240i (auto, coupe) and recently was gifted from a family member their old Lexus RX330 for skiing and long winter road trips. That old SUV gift made my DD decision so much easier.
I purchased my M4Cx after talking to a friend who used the same words you did: "Why are you compromising on your DD, buy what you want, life's too short." My reply was "because no one makes a 2 door AWD great handling unique looking daily that is a rocketship." That night I went back to my old 240i and Audi forums, and eventually saw the xdrive M4.
I was a day away from getting an X3M40i after owning an SQ5 for a few years. For my life, both a compromise.
Appreciate 2
madpistol1744.50