Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Competiton, 2021 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsaint View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comebackid View Post
Yup. September 18 my order was placed. I have a relationship with the dealer, and it's my 4th BMW purchase within 3 years. He said I'm a priority (whatever that means). So when I asked about my production number on October 22, he said not yet. YIKES!

They are a high volume dealer. In the past, I would get my allocation the next day. He said at the time of the order it would be 3 months. He's always spot on, but I don't believe that on this order. The wait is real.

Yeah that is my concern, and end up waiting for possibly till March or April. Picking the right color to hide the ugly color was hard as is, now the wait will kill me on top of that. Not sure what should be my next steps, should I move forward or go find another car. Not sure what else is good out there that I haven't checked. As it is going to be my daily, I wanted to have an option of all wheel drive.
Yup. I have insurance just in case. I placed a deposit for a C8 Corvette in June. I should get a call in the next few weeks if I want to move forward. Most likely a winter delivery.

My original plan was to get a beater commuter car and the C8. Then I decided to go for the M4 xDrive as my all around car.

I told my dealer if I can't get an allocation by 11/5, then cancel the order. He said fine but expects me to have one by then. If not, I'll go back to Plan A and get the beater and place the C8 order.
Appreciate 1
maxsaint130.50