05-07-2021, 10:12 AM   #81
Boomer 2019
Track Rat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecowboy85 View Post
Pagid has the rear pads for it, I’m still trying to get front pads I had ordered a set thru BMW but they won’t get here until June

https://www.pagidracing.com/en/produ...hape-4932.html
The rear pads have been used on other makes, and models for a number of years, so track oriented pads are available from several other manufacturers as well, EBC and Brembo among them. The manufacturer of the rear calipers by the way is TRW. The front 6 piston calipers are a new proprietary part manufactured for BMW by Brembo, however Brembo does not manufacture the pads. The pads are sourced by BMW from another company (?) which is probably the only source in existence right now.

I am not comfortable with running pads from two different manufacturers on a car at the same time, especially when one is a race pad, and the other is a street pad. I might make an exception if the front pads were the race pads, and the rears were the street pads, but that can't happen in this case. So as much as it hurts, I will be placing an order with "BMW Parts Wholesale" for both the front and rear BMW OEM pads. My hope is that when I blow through the current ones in mid June I will have a second set ready to go. Gotta keep up the momentum ya know.