View Single Post
      04-09-2024, 05:17 PM   #109
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisp97 View Post
It sounds like an easy fix like that, but unfortunately warranty repair isn't decide by the dealership. They can't just hang parts hoping it fixes an issue without permission from BMW NA. It definitely is a bad batch of parts that it seems like they are keeping on the down low. They do need to release a TSB already because its widely apparent that this is a problem.
It’s not about that, it’s about idiot mechanics who don’t just report the issue to BMW tech line and say, look, this shit is documented in a Canadian BMW Action doc which really needs to be a TSB and it’s the damn idlers. The service manager needs to get involved with that call, but generally they’re all idiots who don’t “push” matters enough to get the right balls rolling. It’s an inconvenience to the customer to throw parts at something when they already know what’s up, they just need to point the script readers on the tech line to the already published docs BMW Canada released on this bs factory defect. It’s there, they’re just not looking. I deal with people putting on blinders every day and not thinking outside of procedures written by someone who likes to waste time and get paid for it just to get to Z when Z was always the problem if they’d have used common sense and past experience to fix it. Honestly, I’d print that other guys service paperwork and had that shit to your service manager and tell him he had one last try to fix it per what’s already documented and get your car back to you in working condition. Imagine how much shit has to be taken off and put back in and taken off again to get to the same buried ass pulleys and belt in there. I’m frustrated for you dude… I see this stupidity all the time.
Appreciate 3