03-07-2021, 11:03 PM   #762
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
It's a scape goat comment from ppl that can not accept the grill that it was designed for the Chinese market... it was not. large grills are alive and well in the US.

Take a look at the pickup trucks for example ... massive grills and they aren't even sold in Asia.

Large prominent front end design is a part of mainstream car market demand in North America. It's only the tiny shoe box of traditionalists that cannot accept it.
I am a little one from that tiny shoe box...
Just bought a brand new loaded M340i Performance Edition Individual just because that grill is repugnant to me (I am being diplomatic in here).
I waited for the new M3 and as soon as I saw it I bought my M 340 right on spot. And even this one is waiting for traditional Alpina grills.
Don’t care about “mainstream” as I am not a mondial sheep. I care about my own feelings, my own perception about design, my own taste and my own feelings about my car. And no, I don’t need a car with a truck face. A truck has a different role hence it has a different message to send outside.

A car should represent me, not the mainstream....
Appreciate 4
Mavus2029.50
50M105.00
chrisk03153.00