View Single Post
      10-13-2023, 08:09 AM   #8
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I have noticed a LOT of houses going on the market around Port St Lucie and prices are definitely going down. Just a year ago I don't think you could find anything half decent for less than like high $600k+

Now I'm seeing a lot of decent houses for $500-$600k and slightly more basic houses in the $400s and some crappier ones in the $300s. Still I will often see one and I just "know" that one will sell quick and they typically do. Further south though I think the market is holding. Nothing worthwhile for less than $700k and just not much inventory at all below that price.

At some point reality has to set in... but then I've been saying that for 3 years so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline408 View Post
Im not seeing that here in northern CA. We just bought a house a few months ago and our old house sold before we even went to market. My next door neighbors house sold for almost 250k over asking and in 1 weekend.
I think this is 100% market dependent like I mentioned... the "hot" areas like South FL and Northern CA that are completely overcroweded will hold... these are however not typical US markets. Once you starting looking at more medium cost of living cities i.e. atlanta, charlotte, orlando, dallas, the story quickly changes. I feel most of the boom in these southern cities was from people moving down... most of that seems like it's already done.