bmwforme
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negtvions View Post
Appreciate both your comments so far.

I am coming from an M4.
Starting a family and need to get a more family friendly car that doesn’t cost me a grand a month in payments, but still has some driving thrill.

X1 is in the lead in this category, so gathering some insight from current X1 drivers is helpful.
I'm moving up to an X3 M40i for more performance, a higher ride and more trunk space - but have had a 2020 X1 M Sport for 3 years now with a JB+ tune

I'm not sure how things have changed with the U11 but the F48, even the LCI, never let you forget you were in a budget / entry level BMW. I remember getting in a buddy's 330i and thinking it felt way more premium than my X1.

The X1 is for sure a quick, torquey and nimble car, but you'll also never forget you're in a FWD-biased car. That being said, I think it fits nicely with your new priorities in life.

As for the competition (MB GLA, Audi Q3, Lexus UX), you'll likely find the X1 the most driver focused. I also see some brokers in my area offering 4-6% off MSRP so well under $1k should be more than achievable
Appreciate 1
Negtvions212.00