View Single Post
      09-22-2020, 02:59 PM   #581
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
....kinda like they did with the E9X and F8X, basically giving the cars away offering heavy discounts and 0.9-1.9% financing?!?! Oh, and BMW gave me $4000 back in late '04 to entice me to move from my '03 M3 into an '05 ZCP, so let's be fair in the subsidizing assessment. BMW has always championed their leases and their BMW Select balloon programs.
Oh, I fully agree. They're the biggest lease subsidizer of the German big 3 - though you saw some perks to lease starting to dry up and residuals beginning to creep towards near market standard starting somewhere in late 2018, IIRC.

What I'm getting at is the corporate initiative to not subsidize their NA leasing market so much is going to have to be thrown by the wayside if they want to continue setting sales records in successive M3 generations.

And, my post was a direct response to a bulletted list of "That said plenty of people will still purchase the car just based on the following:" I thought the traditionally lower than market for similar msrp lease figures are a highly relevant point to be missed.

They made so many more F8x cars than E9x cars - I have a feeling they're expecting to sell the same volume if not more with the G8x's, but they're going to need to subsidize heavily again. IDK if you recall, but there was a time that M3/4 CS's were going at 800 a month, which is great for the consumer, but says that the company priced the design incorrectly. We're going to see the same, and the sales #'s will be fine; thereby excusing BMWs poor decision making ability here, and not allowing the true metrics to be found in a vacuum, that all things equal this design may have a poor take rate. IMO, of course.

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25196.50