View Single Post
      12-13-2022, 09:44 PM   #35
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerus_car View Post
oh yeah, i forgot about that requirement, but i was able to install win 11 on intel 3rd gen though, by running some bypass...

anyway due to him being newbie, he can just upgrade to windows 10 as windows 10 has no HW requirement, he just need to install windows 10 iso.

windows 10 iso from microsoft
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

i would not suggest a clone software because his HDD has a lot of junks inside. i would always full install from zero to have a fresh start and just move data one by one, but that's just me.

a clone would require him to install a new software and due to him being novice in this stuff, i would not recommend adding more complicated process to this.
"bypass" for windows 11. Please elaborate.

And I think I agree for Windows 10. Much better than windows 8.1

As far as cloning, you sure he's going to be able to save/move his data as easily as cloning a disc? I agree with you, fresh install and data copy is best, but if you have seven years of software installs (I'm sure he's "installed" something in seven years, that will now be "gone" with a fresh install) - a data copy and reinstall can be very labor intensive.

I see what we're all saying. But, I'll bet a clone and debug would be less labor intensive for this user.

Shawn
Appreciate 0