View Single Post
      03-05-2024, 07:24 AM   #126
lutfy
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, NASA ST5 86, Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackOnBlack View Post
I can watch this vid many times I can relate to the corners and speeds, so it is much fun.

You were really hustling through turns 3, 9 and 10 for sure. You also needed to feather the throttle and correct steering in T2, it appears, which is generally unusual for many cars, but these engines have so much torques, I felt the same during trackcross and I had to take very unusually wide arc.

I hope I can drive with your confidence in a couple of weeks.
You are right, T2 is my weakspot. I need to visualize and role play and next time correct it. With the FRS, I can gun the throttle (max speed on entry then bang on the throttle), I tried the same with the M2 and need adjustment. Try setting 6 out of 10 and then lower to 5 out of 10 on the traction M with DSC off. The diff is magic and puts power down like an AWD car.

I was really impressed. Also dont push too hard in 6-9 as tires take a beating and heat up. I left a little bit of speed there and few tenths would wear the tire up a lot. I dont know what stock front camber is on these cars but unlike previous gen M cars, it doesnt understeer much at entry so take a set and bang, use the rear grip and M dynamic to power out.

I tried to drive it in the rain with all traction everything off but realized in the rain setting it to 8/10 was much quicker. Kinda like ABS, use that system to your advantage.

Love this vehicle. Super comfortable on the street, when you are done, remove the sticker, put your helmet/bag back, play some 80s music, wear your cap and drive back in comfort.

For the money, I could not find a better $65K car (yours is CS and possibly a dream to drive!!). You always had the best engineered hardware

At VIR, I think this is a 2:02-03 car as is. Stock it fits into NASA TT4, I'll try to get the dyno done for compliance.

Lutfy
Appreciate 0