05-22-2021, 04:26 PM   #125
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I think you reinforced his main point, which was....there was no 2017 GT3 in the U.S. Your friend bought his is Germany, and their MY procedures differ from ours. It was honest discourse from both sides.
If the original comment had said there were no 2017 GT3s exported for sale to the US, I would merely have stated the car was purchased in Germany by a US Serviceman and shipped here when he PCS'd. I wasn't aware of that, not sold here as '17s, but it was essentially irrelevant to the presentation of facts. I was correctly stating I had driven a 2017 Porsche GT3. At the time, the backstory was immaterial. My original response was only to show, which it did, that there were in fact 2017 GT3s. My follow-on, which was the backstory, explained whether or not they were for sale in the US as 2017 models was immaterial as to the stated fact, supra. As was RH/LHD.

As I said, I joined this forum to learn about and discuss BMWs. The poster who took a great deal of time trying to disprove my factual statements appears to be a senior member of the forum from whom I would have liked to garner knowledge. He never considered the reality of Americans in foreign countries buying cars that weren't yet on sale here. I was not aware that different countries for some arcane reason choose to model year cars differently than we do. More precise communication would have been nice.
Appreciate 0