Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUNITNOW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
Has anyone had success programming their garage door without a remote with homelink?

Long story short, I have misplaced my remote for the garage door opener and trying to program my homelink by following the manual and can't get it to work. I have read online it's possible and tried other suggestions but I have had no luck.

If you were able to program it without the remote please provide the steps.
Your garage door opener should have a learn button located in the head unit. Pull your car up to the garage and clear your homelike by holding the 1 and 3 button until the light blinks rapidly. You should have a second person to assist and have them hold down the learn button while you use the 3 button to program it after you have cleared it. All of My BMW'S are programmed this way.
I have tried that multiple times and no luck. After clearing by pressing 1 and 3, I press the learn button on the garage and within 30 seconds I press button 1 on the homelink and nothing. I have done it the other way around too where I press button 1 and then the learn button on the garage. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Appreciate 0