View Single Post
      09-30-2021, 09:43 AM   #738
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUNITNOW View Post
I have never put PPF on any car and I see many people here go that route and I understand the philosophy of protection from road debris. Also I see some say it's not worth it and deal with the rock chips. There are plus and minus and it's not cheap. What is your reason for not doing this. I have a guess as to you have so many cars and it is not a daily so the cost out weighs the benefits?
In part- my roads are amazing and yes I have alot of cars so I dont drive any one car too much. Money is not really the issue of course but I just didnt do it... I have done full PPf's on my Ferrari's, Bentley, R8, Porsche's, Benzes, etc but not the last 3 M's.

Based on my last 15 to 20 years of ownership having had multiple rides - I have not had tremendous chip issues at all. Do I have a few on my M8, hell ya but I have a smooth hand, sharp brush, and can mix paint well

My PB G80 with 1400 miles when I sold it, didnt have one chip- not one. Its all just a crap shoot for me and these last few cars have not got the love. If I was in almost any other state or where weather and elements were key; PPF goes on asap.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0