Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
We are 100 votes in and have a very clear 80% M3 and 20% M4. Surprising to me as I would have guessed it would be more 60/40.
Funny enough, BMWs builds twice the amount of M4s, 2 to 1. You'd think it's the opposite.
There's a few reasons for this. 2 being

1) the younger population prefers the M4, coupes have a cool factor and we don't need the extra space. The younger population also doesn't spend much time on these forums unless it's on classifieds (as someone who's under 30 and know dozens of M owners I know this for a fact)

2) I've noticed that the more of a car enthusiast you are, the more you tend to prefer the M3. Lots of random people who buy these cars just to own an M who have money and don't know a whole bunch about them ger the coupe, because they didn't know the sedan rear flares were its high point they just thought "
It's a cool M car I should get the coupe not old man sedan" you don't notice these things until you see the car extensively and someone tells you the sedan has crazy flares then check it out yourself and realize better looks + practicality makes the sedan a better buy (subjective, I'm still an m4 guy)

Let's say the f80/g80 didn't have those crazy arches in the rear fender, I think we'd see a decrease in sedan sales. Not a crazy difference but would be there.
Definitely other reasons out there.
Appreciate 1
CanuckM665.50