AYounglove10
UpTown Hipster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 M4 Competition - IOMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Just any fyi so you can understand… the Volkswagen/Audi R8 is not an exotic car at all. The Vantage isn’t one either. My auto insurance clumps them in the same category as luxury SUVs. Meaning $150 a month for insurance with the USAA app installed.

I looked at both and to me the Audi R8 looks aged and the vantage looks cool but it’s reliability is in last place. So I would hard pass on both. I did.

And I am coming from NSXs, S2000, 5 BMW M cars etc..

And how about keeping your M4 and getting another car? Thats a thought. A lot of us have multiple BMWs and Land Rovers paid off.
Not sure how coming from Acura/Honda/BMW has any relation to my questions, but I’ll bite.

To most, the R8 and Vantage is absolutely in the exotic or near-exotic territory. $150k+ MSRPs, 1 is mid-engine and shared platform with Lamborghini, the other hand build English sports/gt car. How insurance places them in their tiers has nothing to do with public/personal perception. I’ve owned a 911 and it was only 60% the insurance cost of my current G82 with equal coverage, so not sure how this comment helps either.

Not interested in owning 2x 2-door sports cars.
BimmerFix1405.50