View Single Post
      10-30-2020, 03:00 PM   #19
jkap27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrunt View Post
I agree with Chip Foose about the design of the soon to released M3 and maybe I am old as well almost 55. I knew when I saw our F80 in July 2014 we liked the looks of the car and purchased it the following week. The same thing happened when I saw the F90 in July of 2018 and August of 2018 we bought the F90.

Styling of vehicles is very subjective as many have commented they like the new design. When the C7 Corvette became available the Corvette community was up in arm with the rear tail lamps changing from round design that had been with the Corvette for many years. I personally liked the new design and I bought a 2014 C7 Z51. The new C8 Corvette mid engine is a new design and I like the looks of the C8.
They are VERY up in arms about the C8 looks wise as well haha I spent a lot of time on their message boards recently. I think when the i4 is released it will at least make a little bit more sense what bmw is doing. Seems to me like that front was meant for the i4 and they tried to tailor the 4 series front end to match up with the design language of the i4. Granted electric cars don't need grilles so it all does seem pretty unnecessary lol Electric cars seems to have this identity crisis where most designers don't know what to do with the front end since theres no more engine. The model 3 and mustang mach e front ends are abominations
Appreciate 1
VetteGuy845.50