04-03-2021, 08:10 AM   #22
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
My goodness. Some of the comments... "but the grilles show everyone you have a newer car"... who the hell cares? What a vein and meaningless approach to owning a car. You should be seeking a car that YOU find beautiful and YOU enjoy. If you have to say "it's growing on me" or justify the looks with "but it stands apart from the older cars" then that speaks volumes in itself. If the main criteria is 'change' and 'standing out' then what's the point in having a artist and/or designer. Drive around in a clown suit, buy a $100k watch you can flash at people and let a child design your car. They'll come up with something crazy.

So sad to see people's approach to cars boil down to "but I want to look good and show people I have new stuff" rather than seeking non-compromising innovation and beauty. If that's the case, BMW are giving people what they want and deserve.

As a car enthusiast it pains me when I see people take out unmanageable finance agreements or constantly seek the next 'new' thing because they're scared of missing out and/or want to posture to everyone around them and gain likes, approval and kudos. That's not what cars are for people, but that's human nature I guess. Shame it's so unhealthy.
I agree with your comment but I'm not sure if it's directed at me because if it is then you're talking nonsense as I never said or implied any of what you're saying. I was responding to someone who was saying you can't tell what's newer vs. what's older, and I responded in general according to design language.

I've been driving an F30 for 7+ years so I don't care about owning the newest car. I find the new design very attractive and aggressive and would love to own such special car regardless what others think. I don't give a crap about social media and people's fake image. I can afford much more than a G80 if i want to, but I have family to take care of and even the G80 isn't an easy decision based on my priorities in life.

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1511.50