Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
My goodness. Some of the comments... "but the grilles show everyone you have a newer car"... who the hell cares? What a vein and meaningless approach to owning a car. You should be seeking a car that YOU find beautiful and YOU enjoy. If you have to say "it's growing on me" or justify the looks with "but it stands apart from the older cars" then that speaks volumes in itself. If the main criteria is 'change' and 'standing out' then what's the point in having a artist and/or designer. Drive around in a clown suit, buy a $100k watch you can flash at people and let a child design your car. They'll come up with something crazy.

So sad to see people's approach to cars boil down to "but I want to look good and show people I have new stuff" rather than seeking non-compromising innovation and beauty. If that's the case, BMW are giving people what they want and deserve.

As a car enthusiast it pains me when I see people take out unmanageable finance agreements or constantly seek the next 'new' thing because they're scared of missing out and/or want to posture to everyone around them and gain likes, approval and kudos. That's not what cars are for people, but that's human nature I guess. Shame it's so unhealthy.
I couldn't care less what other people might think about my car.

I wanted an M3, I get my M3.
First I wanted the F80 (that's the one I really have fallen in love with) but they stopped producing and finding one in good conditions is nearly impossible here in Switzerland as they get "tuned" like sh** and mistreated.

So the G80 came out. I like the grill in person (on pictures it's a nono) and it's a hell of a car regarding tech and engine.
So I ordered one.

p.s. here in Switzerland People tend to call you a douche if you drive a BMW.
And also here: I SO don't care

I wanted an MT Sport Sedan. Ze M3 it is !
And that is fair enough my friend. I have no issue with people who genuinely love the G80 and having taken one for a test drive think "wow, I need this!" I just get tired of the Instagram culture of "look what I got!".

The car scene has become a shallow mess ever since social media took the world by storm. But BMW and other car manufactures probably love that . Don't even need to plan obsolesce anymore, the people are doing it themselves!
Appreciate 2
Scorp!on1510.00
manuelf340.00