View Single Post
      04-03-2021, 04:37 AM   #18
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

My goodness. Some of the comments... "but the grilles show everyone you have a newer car"... who the hell cares? What a vein and meaningless approach to owning a car. You should be seeking a car that YOU find beautiful and YOU enjoy. If you have to say "it's growing on me" or justify the looks with "but it stands apart from the older cars" then that speaks volumes in itself. If the main criteria is 'change' and 'standing out' then what's the point in having a artist and/or designer. Drive around in a clown suit, buy a $100k watch you can flash at people and let a child design your car. They'll come up with something crazy.

So sad to see people's approach to cars boil down to "but I want to look good and show people I have new stuff" rather than seeking non-compromising innovation and beauty. If that's the case, BMW are giving people what they want and deserve.

As a car enthusiast it pains me when I see people take out unmanageable finance agreements or constantly seek the next 'new' thing because they're scared of missing out and/or want to posture to everyone around them and gain likes, approval and kudos. That's not what cars are for people, but that's human nature I guess. Shame it's so unhealthy.
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1510.00