View Single Post
      10-03-2022, 11:29 AM   #57
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
We all really know what happened, OP. He strikes, again.
Oh my god, so right.

You know after 20 years of owning cars, I think I've learned the wisdom of every possible way a car can get fucked up by someone. We should almost create a sticky LOL.

Here' what I experienced or have heard of:

-regular old accident
-someone with an electrical device or even a bike just running into your car or swiping across it
-road rage
-hitting mirror through drive through
-standard car dent from doors, shopping carts
-Landscapers with leaf blow metal backpacks (I had to learn this one first hand on my 135i, literally saw some idiot get into a crevice and back his blower motor into my door). This happened to me at work, everytime I'd hear them turn on their motors I'd move my car to where they had finished already.
-Someone backing up into your car, whether in traffic, at a drive through, or just having your car parked.
-Bird or bug splatter etching clear coat
-Car falling or slipping off a lift (household or shop)
-Once etched my clearcoat on my 335i by leaving an adhesive remover can on the trunk for too long, left an etch in the clear coat (wtf?) when installing a spoiler
-making sure items attached to garage ceiling are secure and no items that can tip over are close enough to tip onto the car
-legit true story, I once left my civic si parked in basically an empty apartment parking lot to see a friend and when I came outside my car had 30+ little handprints, turns out my car was a "tag station" for kids playing tag I had a bunch of minor dents I had to get removed

I can probably think of a few more but over the years I've developed a "spidey sense" for this shit. IF i leave my car parked anywhere I analyze how and what angles my car can get hit just sitting there parked and try to mitigate the risk as much as possible
2015 335i (retired)
Appreciate 0