View Single Post
      10-03-2022, 10:57 AM   #54
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

I'm gutted for you. I think this is all car enthusiasts worst nightmare. I'm sorry it happened due to someone else's carelessness. Do you not have a garage?

Here's the upside... I'm not sure what paint you have underneath that stealth wrap but being that the car is completely new and the sun hasn't had an opportunity to bake the paint, I'd say you have a good shot at getting a close to perfect match on color. You will have no choice but to paint the door and fender, some body shops will want to "blend" the quarter panel which means they'll want to paint the whole side of your car, which sucks balls and I wouldn't want. If that's how they want to go, pressure them enough and make sure they get enough time to do enough spray cards to get a damn close match so you don't need to touch the qtr panel.

if you keep it from insurance there will be no carfax, but I'd still document the damage in case you decide to sell the car in the future as you have to disclose.

If you plan to rewap the portions of the car the repair will be undetectable - it doesn't make it any less shitty though.

I think if you seek a diminished value claim etc you're just going to hurt yourself in the long run. If you can get the car repaired without the carfax hit then that's the move - with the wrap on, you won't be able to tell the car was ever damaged.

Ugh. I had a scare myself this weekend - I had this huge 5x5 double edged glass sitting in my garage from the previous owner that sold us our house and it somehow slipped and came near damn inches from hitting the car. Lucked out. Even when you do everything in your power to take care of your car - someone else will fuck it for you or you'll have some dumb other worldly thing happen in the least likely scenario.
2015 335i (retired)
Appreciate 0