View Single Post
      10-03-2022, 10:45 AM   #53
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
My C7 got backed into, in a drive thru. Yes, someone was trying to reverse out of getting coffee. They admitted fault, and I had a case number with their insurance company before we left the scene. I took it to a body shop that I found, myself, that had hundreds of 5 star reviews on Yelp.

They removed the bumper, and the front headlight clip was broken, and the headlight needed to be replaced. That was $3,500 retail pricing, of course. They "reworked" the bumper, and I couldnt tell. Both her insurance, AAA and the body shop, claimed it wasnt their responsibility to report to CarFax. The car actually sat in the sun for an hour, and this dent popped back out, but you can see the little crease in the paint.

I checked the CarFax report about a month after repairs were complete, and nothing. Fast forward about 8 months later. I was trading it in, only to find out, it showed up on the CarFax. I thought the dealer was full of shit, so, they gave me the carfax that even described that there was minor bumper damage to the right front side.

I was in the middle of trading it in, and even though it didn't hurt much, it was too late to get diminished value for it. You really have to keep up with it to cover yourself.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
maelfyn156.50