01-04-2022, 10:38 AM   #21
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by discountbarber View Post
Very interesting.

I am in the process of ordering an M4 Comp from a dealership in Colorado. When I went in for the first time in late December, I told them that it was very important to the deal that I get the advertised 0.9% rate. They told me I would get the rate, provided I was approved and submitted the order within 90 days of my approval. I specifically asked them what would happen if BMW USA raised the advertised rate. They told me they would honor the 0.9% deal, regardless of a subsequent change in January, again provided that I submitted the order within 90 days of my approval. Based on this promise, I submitted my credit application in late December and was approved for the 0.9% rate.

Called my CA today to get him to confirm what they told me last month. He had no idea the rates went up and said he would discuss with their finance manager. Will be interesting to see whether they honor their promise or try to back out.
Well, I'm sure they were not expecting the buy-rate to go up. My CA said they didn't expect it to go up. He also said rate locks in the upper mid-west only last 60 days, I have questioned him three times on that one.

I'll pay buy-rate which the dealer doesn't control but won't let the mark it up, if they do I will write the check and they will get nothing. In which case I may finance some with PenFed.
Appreciate 0