View Single Post
      07-14-2022, 11:28 AM   #4
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
All BMWNA is saying is that if you buy a feature, you won't have to pay for it a second time. But implicit in those statements is that if you didn't buy the feature, and it is built into the car, you can then pay for it with a subscription (potentially).

I think it is a bit smarmy for BMW to phrase it the way it did leading many to think BMW won't do it in the US.

On the other hand, if they really do simply build WHAT WOULD OTHERWISE BE AN OPTION into the car, then I have no problem with being able to pay for it later as a subscription. I think that is fair. But if they start taking what would otherwise be standard and charging for it, without reducing the price, then it is simply a rip off.
That's not how I read it. My understanding for the NA market was if you buy a car with an option there are no subscription fees. If the car isn't purchased with an option, you can purchase a trial (so long as it can be activated via software) of a feature and if you like it you can then buy it outright, without a subscription.
Appreciate 3
2srsman68.00
thurston215.00
siegester344.50