View Single Post
      02-25-2021, 12:26 PM   #143
siberius
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcali86 View Post
Yeah I don't think people having kids in developing nations equates to any causation of of BMW sales or lack thereof. I'd put down whatever it is you're smoking if I were you.
You are right, developing countries in Asian markets bought more than two times than USA- which is wealthiest nation. IN EUROPE 30% of all BMWS were sold in east europe in 2017, market which had less than 20% of total gdp of west europe. More than 50% of bmws sold in west europe is sold to germans. The mayority of bmw owners in germany are now turkish immigrants and immigrants from developing country like balkans etc.. My statement was that bmw is not anymore a status symbol unlike it was 15 years ago. Nordic countries are more inclined to electric future and less and less people from west europe use cars - public transport is spacex compared to USA. I work in automotive industry for more than 20 years and i was key account manager for companies in developing countries and i can tell you that those markets are more oriented toward status and brand name than USA and West EUROPE. Thats why BMW is focusing ASIAN markets rather than Europe. BMW factory is biggest exporter in USA but sells the least in USA - fact. Enjoy your thinking that only american with highest debt in the world can afford BMW.
Appreciate 0