View Single Post
      02-23-2021, 04:34 AM   #136
Ratcher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Competiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingi View Post
Can't compare the discounts from Germany and the US. In the US (BMW in general, not G80 specific) the final price is MSRP or just a few percent discount whereas in Germany 20%+ (on the F36 you can get 37% right now) discount is normal even on newly released models. You were able to preorder a G20/21 with 18% discount in Germany before it even launched, and the G20 is a sales success.

Also 20-30% discount on a G80 is a bit of a stretch, the most I saw until now was 14% on a factory order and 19% for a short term registered car (Vorführwagen/Kurzzeitzulassung). (FYI for the US readers: there are no stock cars in continental Europe, new cars are all build to order)
I am aware than I need to be wary doing the comparison, but I am just telling what I see.
Although I am located in Germany, I spoke about Europe since I do know people in person in Portugal who has gotten a G80 with 30% discount (I am not even kidding). Germany 20% seems to be the norm after some discussions with the dealer. Thats what I got for my M2, too.
It seems like BMW's strategy (at least for Europe) was to increase prices and also increase the discounts theyre making. Lets be honest, we'd all rather by a car with 20% discount than another for the exact same final price with 0% discount.
Appreciate 0