02-15-2024, 09:45 AM   #74
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
You can bring light snacks in. You'll probably get flagged for bag inspection, but they won't make you throw out your snacks. Just don't bring in a cheeseburger and fries and you'll be good We were routinely bringing in popcorn, apple slices and grapes for the kids to munch on throughout the day.

As for the route to take... We tried doing that the first day, and quickly realized there is no optimal route - the best way to approach it is to adjust on the fly based on park conditions. Where you go will be dictated by how you schedule your genie+/lightning lanes and how the lines progress throughout the day. If you become to dedicated to a specific route, you'll end up getting stuck in long lines and have a suboptimal day. More important than having a route is having comfortable walking shoes because there will be some back and forth between the different areas.

That being said, I would still have a game plan in terms of high/medium/low priority rides, and try and memorize that list for each day. That way you can slot in rides/activities based on priority, decide how long you're willing to wait for something, and if you should adjust.
Thank you for this. I wasn't sure what the policy is and I know my daughter loves to snack so to have apple slices or squeezable pouches will help a lot. I know my wife and daughter will have fanny packs each to store things so I think we will be good to go on that front.

That is a good point and I will talk with my wife about it and maybe her and I can game plan this weekend so we are somewhat prepared.

Wife and daughter have already bought new shoes and have been walking around in them in the house to break them in. So I think we are getting there and can't believe its almost here. I just know it will come and go in a blink of an eye.

I will either post in this thread or make my own with a detailed day by day analysis like what you did to give people more information and reviews.
wtwo318066.00