View Single Post
      12-06-2021, 06:43 AM   #25
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

PS AS4's after a few weeks and a few hundred miles:

These tires are absolutely wizardly in the rain. I've driven in damp, sudden downpours, and sustained rain over 28 miles of the Portland Metro, including a ton of start stop on and around the 405 bridge. Braking performance is excellent in the wet and traction is nearly unbelievably good. I am utterly amazed by the wet performance of these tires.

Dry Performance (cool weather only, of course) is very good for an AS tire. I would say that they feel marginally more correct for performance driving than the DWS06+'s I had on my M2C at one point. They certainly dull the performance metrics of the car a bit, as expected with an AS tire, but they do so a less than I expected.

I would absolutely rather have these tires on the car at 50 degrees and colder than the PZ's my car came with, or the MPSS's and PS4S's I had on my M2C. At the end of the day, they are AS's, and I certainly would not run them year round and cost myself the experience of good, actual summers once temps come back up.

Overall, the PS4 AS's are clearly a very, very good choice for the PNW's usual winter weather. If we actually get snow, it'll be interesting to see how they do.
Appreciate 2