United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 G83 M4C xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
And nothing wrong with that, BMW are free to decide who this car is marketed towards but again I'm surprised this is a good time to do it. Is it worth getting the idea of owning a car type on it's last generation into the minds of young aspirational people instead of focusing the ads on getting one or two more sales out of the older current demographic? Beats me.
I agree it is a free world. BMW is free to chose whatever demographic they want to maximize their sales. I am still sad and disappointed that a product that I was so fond of is no longer. I guess it is time for change .
+1 This young BMW marketing team most likely does not care whether their new G8x strategy is successful or not because their marketing rotation will most likely end soon and they'll move on to their next assignment, probably marketing motorcycles for BMW Motorrad, or selling Minis or something along those lines. The next rotation group will be left cleaning up the mess and reinventing the wheel.

Signed a product development guy who has been dealing with marketers for 20 years. just saying.

But I am in agreement that G8x will probably be a hit for some and a miss for others. This car doesn't know who it wants to be when it grows up. Make room for the new generation of BMW owners...Freedom of Choice!

Gone but not forgotten:'22 G82 M4Comp xDrive, '21 F90 M5 Comp,'19 Porsche 911 C4S, 15 Audi RS5, etc..
Appreciate 1