vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Decades ago I was on a business trip in Greensboro NC. My boss and I were driving around downtown at about 6:00 PM on a weeknight looking for dinner and having no luck. Lost of nice old office buildings but no restaurants. We figured we needed to head out of the business core to find a restaurant and started driving down some random arterial (this was long before cell phones and Google Maps).
This sounds *exactly* like what happened to me on a business trip to Washington, DC with my boss about 30 years ago. He wanted to go to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner (after dark), but didn't know where it was. He picked a random street and we started walking. After a few blocks, the neighborhood started looking sketchy. Two blocks after that, I suggested that we turn around and get out of there before we got shot. He talked me into going one more block, when I told him that I was now SURE that we were going to get shot. Just look at the sign on that building...Ford's Theatre!

Believe it or not, the Hard Rock Cafe was a few doors down...and he found it without a map or even the address.....
Dpc2u11503.00