01-25-2021, 08:54 AM   #30939
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
So true.

And this is good advice for anyone in any large city. We were once in Barcelona walking the city and I stopped our group when I saw the clear line of demarkation between the good part of town and the bad part of town. I thank my NOLA experience for this 6th sense.
It's crazy how just 1 street can change everything. Decades ago I was on a business trip in Greensboro NC. My boss and I were driving around downtown at about 6:00 PM on a weeknight looking for dinner and having no luck. Lost of nice old office buildings but no restaurants. We figured we needed to head out of the business core to find a restaurant and started driving down some random arterial (this was long before cell phones and Google Maps). As we approached some railroad tracks I made a joke about the other side being "the wrong side of the tracks." Sure enough, the moment we crossed it was like a switch got flipped. The Newport cigarette factory was on our left, a brawl of maybe 5 or 6 dudes had broken out on the right. Boarded up buildings and a burnt out car on the next block. Literally every person on the street stared at us as we slowly drove by in our rental car looking for a safe place to turn around and get the Hell out of there.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50