Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M370z View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM4 View Post
I've owned three caddy's the best being a CTS-V Wagon with a manual. They are great cars and the performance is strong for sure. The interior of the G80/82 is much nicer though.

I wouldn't really compare the CT4 V Blackwing as it's a smaller car, slower and has a less refined V6 engine compared to the S58.

I think the CT5 V BW is a better comparison, though it's quite a bit bigger and I personally find the exterior design not as nice.

The SC'd V8 TR6060 combo is an amazing drivetrain and very mod friendly. It's basically bulletproof and will live a long time.

I cross shopped the three models before buying my BSM 2021 M4 manual. No regrets whatsoever with my decision and I've owned a TON of GM vehicles in the past. (CTS V wagon, ATS, Corvette, various F-bodies etc.)

Cheers,
Chris
I wouldn't say it's slower by any means. The CT4v BW easily outlaps the base M3 and even holds its own against the x-drive. That said, can't go wrong either way.
Sorry lapping yes it might be a bit slower but I was referring to acceleration times.

I never lap more than 7-8/10ths anyways so it's a bit of a moot point for me. My use case is 99% daily driving, 1% drag strip / lapping. The manual base M4 has about 3mph trap speed over the CT4 V BW manual based on what I've seen in real life.

Don't get me wrong I love all three cars and I think the manual versions are the best in their respective segments. People should snap these up while they are still being made.

Cheers,
Chris